I don’t remember it ever taking me this long to finish a quilt. I began Moon Dance in August. The theme is similar to one I made in 2009 called Ghost Birds.
I vaguely remember looking at the shibori fabric and deciding to make another Sandhill Crane piece. I had to two pieces of hand-dyed fabric pinned to the design wall while I worked out the composition. This photo is dated August 14th!
October and much of November I work on a commission. Once I returned to Moon Dance it seemed I had a new challenge with each step. The finished piece is 35″ x 35″. I used both my new Brother Sashiko machine and my Viking to quilt it. The last element to go in was the fused silk organza marsh plants.
And now onto something new… I hope.