I have a commission with nothing but the size and the basic color scheme dictated. I’ve been wrestling with it for a couple of weeks while also dealing with a rotten spring cold. I made several components and tried numerous compositions. At some point I realized I needed to calm it down with a piece of hand-dyed fabric from my friend Desiree Vaughn
It took another week or so of changing, eliminating, cutting and re-sewing then moving parts around and now I think I have a composition I can show to the client:
If this is not quite what he has in mind I may be table to tweak it, or I may just cut it up into some smaller compositions. I won’t stitch it until the client decides.