I’ve been busy working on commissions, a piece for a traveling exhibition that can’t be shown before the opening, a “big red” UFO for our local group’s fall show. But in between those I was finishing up a mermaid that I started a long time ago. I came across her when I was cleaning out my quilt storage area. She was well underway so I decided to finish her for the Crooked Tree Art Center’s “D’Art for Art” fundraiser.
She’s made from fabric then gessoed, painted and decoupaged. Lots of layers of decoupage medium. Her hair is fabric, stitched and painted. Finishing her up was a lot of fun. I think I should continue to make at least one doll a year.