The workshop runs from Friday March 18 – Sunday March 20 and the seven day retreat kicks off on the 21st.
In this 3 day workshop you’ll learn:
· Sewing tips that make all those little parts easier to handle
· Stuffing techniques
· The easiest stringing method that gives you a wonderfully poseable doll
· Sewing, turning and wiring little fingers without fear
· Creating faces with pens, pencils and paints
· Using gesso, paint and/or decoupage to create a doll with a hard surface
Four different doll patterns are offered:
· Three larger dolls (Masquerade, Jester and Lola) are approximately 22–24” tall with jointed hips and shoulders. These have wired fingers that allow them to hold props.
· A pattern for a slightly smaller and simpler is also available. The smaller doll does not have wired fingers and has several interchangeable parts.
You will be able to resize patterns and/or redesign the pattern to create your own vision. Different techniques for making doll joints will be offered.
We’ll play with gesso, paint, decoupage, and tyvek.
3 Day/2 Night Fiber Escape: Private room with bath, all meals, studio space and instructor: $300
Day Tripper: lunch, studio space and instructor: $200
I’ve been teaching for 13 years and I can guarantee that you will have fun while making a one-of-a-kind creation.
Last year’s workshop was a blast. You can see the dolls they made here.
Questions? For more info on the art doll workshop contact me email@example.com or call 231-547-4971 . To learn more about the Fabulous Focus on Fiber Retreat contact Mary McBride firstname.lastname@example.org